If you are like me then Fridays are meant to be fun days. Or at the very least, let’s celebrate that we made until the end of the week, and now it’s time for the weekend!
Football! Halloween! Halloween Candy!
And since this week has been a particularly difficult week for several reasons, I felt even more convicted that I needed to take some attention off the struggles and find a few things I’m enjoying this week.
So here are a few of favorite things from the week:
1) Periscope. Honestly, it’s my new favorite form of social media. So much so that I’m having to set limits on how much I use it and scale back how many people I am following. If you haven’t heard of Periscope, it’s an app for your phone where you follow people and they do live video talking about whatever they choose. And if you don’t catch it live, you can often watch the replay or they will post the replay at Katch.me. My absolute FAVORITE Periscoper right now is Crystal Paine at Money Saving Mom. She is about to launch a new book and Periscopes most days. Her afternoon scopes are all about her new book. You can write comments, ask questions and she will answer them. She has such a heart for mentoring and teaching that inspire me! Love it!! Plus your “likes” are little hearts when you touch the screen during the scope. So fun!
2) COMPEL Training. Proverbs 31 ministries hosted some webinars last week and offered subscriptions to their online training community for writers/speakers. I am just digging into the website and community there, but so far it has been great information that challenges me to grow as a writer.
3) Local Goodwill. You have to love finding a deal on a Star Wars Boba Fett costume when you are looking for a last-minute Halloween idea!!
4) Friends that are like family. During this challenging week, God has reminded how through my entire life, He has knit friendships together and these people have become family in every way. I’m so astounded when I reflect on the love, acceptance, and mutual adoration that has come from these friendships and how much it has impacted my life to have people accept you as family when they didn’t really have to! ♥
5) Home is Where My People Are book by Sophie Hudson (AKA BooMama). I’ve posted before how much I love BooMama and her podcast with Big Mama (AKA Melanie Shankle). Any book that will make you laugh at loud is a winner in my eyes. So this definitely takes the prize! I have laughed out loud more times than I count. She is just a few years older than I so I just relate to her stories about growing up in the 80s. Good stuff!
Even when life is giving lemons, we have to look for some sugar to turn it in to lemonade! Look for the good things in your week!
(please note post may contain affiliate links)