Yesterday I took some time to reflect on the fathers in my life and how God is our ultimate Father.
But today I want to celebrate the best earthly father I know….my sweet husband!
Early in our marriage, he was not so sure he wanted to start a family and have kids.
I’m not sure who is now more surprised, he or I, that for starting out a little hesitantly, we now have 4 children!
But once that first one was born. That was it. We were both smitten and totally in love with that little guy and knew there would be more.
So today I thought I’d brag on my guy a bit about why he is such a wonderful father.
1) He is BRAVE. He not only survived four pregnancies with me. He was with me during all four births, including the one c-section and that last one that he helped deliver at home with the midwife. He also kills snakes that get into the back porch, which is a huge plus for a girl like me. He is willing to try new things and take a few risks.
2) He is a SERVANT. He is always doing things to serve us as a family. He makes breakfast for us almost every morning. He tucks the kids in every night. He cleans bathrooms and does laundry.
3) He knows how to PLAY. I mean truly play. He is a master tent-builder for the boys. He gets on the floor to build Legos. He and our daughter have an adventure every time they go somewhere. He is just plain fun to be around!
4) He is PATIENT. I mean the patience of Job. God certainly knew opposites attract because patience is not my strong point. He thinks things through and is willing to wait.
5) He is TENDER. He is gentle and affectionate with the kids. He rarely raises his voice.
6) He is a TEACHER. He teaches the kids more than I do in all our years of homeschooling. He explains tidbits and facts, shows them how things work, and is always giving them a chance to learn things hands-on. (see #4 again – patient!).
7) He is LOVING. Beyond everything, he loves us so well. He cares for us. He is forgiving. He makes us laugh and laugh some more. He gives great hugs. A day doesn’t go by that he doesn’t tell each of us that he loves us He just loves. Each and every day.
I’m so thankful for him and wonderful gift he is to our family as a father!
Happy Father’s Day!