(photo credit: K. Ciampi)
It’s been a good week and a lot is going on around here as we are officially entering into summer at our house!
Fridays always makes me feel like we made it! And I think Fridays should be fun.
So I thought I’d share a few of my fun and/or favorite things from this week:
1) Eating Dinner at the Table. This doesn’t happen very often anymore but it did happen one night this week. And we had more laughs and conversation as a family than we’ve had in a while. Good stuff gathering my lovelies around the table.
2) Selling Books on Amazon. I know it may be a weird fun thing, but I read this great post by Queen Bee and it lit a fire under me that maybe I could sell some of our books via Amazon. And I have already sold several this week. Who doesn’t like a little extra money and it’s easy to do!
4) Nehemiah’s Prayer. Several years ago I had the opportunity to complete Kelly Minter’s Nehemiah Bible Study with a wonderful group of ladies at our church when we lived in VA (which actually happened to be Kelly Minter’s family’s church – her Dad was the pastor). In it, we learned that Nehemiah houses the longest prayer in the bible – Nehemiah 9. It has been a prayer model for me many times. I love it!!
5) Biblehub.Com. I know some may not consider this fun. But this website is changing my morning quiet and bible study time. Access to scriptures, various bible versions, and key word meanings and connections throughout the bible make it awesome. And it’s free!
6) Attending Swim Practice. Nate swims on a local swim team, but I have not been able to attend his practices very often the last few months. This week I made two practices. It has been so fun to see him swimming hard and visiting with familiar faces and good friends this week!
7) Phone Call with my BFF. My BFF and I live in miles apart (lots and lots of miles). Add to that we are both in busy seasons of our lives, phone calls are not nearly as frequent as we’d like them to be. But we squeezed one in this week. It was so good to hear her voice and catch up on some things that just don’t translate well in the texting world.
Lots to be thankful for this week! Hope you have a wonderful Friday!
(post may contain affiliate links)